Friday 21 July 2017

Me and my leaps in cooking

#learningtocook #Kitchen #cooking #catchingup

Coming from a purely academia oriented family, I have never been encouraged to be inside the kitchen for too long let alone cook a dish. This could come off for a few as weird, to the others as something entirely different which I find myself unable to name. But strangely enough, the nagging question stands to be, was I deprived of any childhood joys that most kids of my time exhausted themselves over?🤔🤔 When asked why I wouldn’t be allowed in the kitchen my mum would say, “ Honey, you would have to learn that later on in life anyway, concentrate on the things you wouldn’t get much time to develop on later.” I would just shrug and move away and run back to my room or the outdoors. Listening but finding it hard to accept. Thinking but wondering why she said so.
I am now a proud owner of a mini induction and I am fully capable of cooking basic meals in my hostel😏. This time during my summer vacation at home, I learnt a lot in what you might call, ‘Kitchen handling’. You would laugh at the small yet basic things I have learnt. I have learned how to knead dough for the Indian bread. You would be surprised that I also made curd, small vegetable curries, a few fries, chicken fry is another thing I can make as it doesn’t involve much work and a few things here and there ( laugh all you want, you can even sneer at me but I already acknowledge how bad I am at it🤣🤣🤣). You shouldn’t confuse this with baking... hello... not at all! Baking is different. Wish someone could give me a secret on making cakes over the induction... sounds crazy but... well... who hasn’t experimented in the kitchen eh!



I am now capable of handling any kitchen in the world (a bit of an exaggeration... but mehhh something like that). Although I still find cooking as a skill that involves a lot of patience I have realised that there is nothing that time and experience cannot solve, although for me, this might take more than the required amount of time(chuckling😃😃). Small leaps in cooking are what I would rename my current circumstance. Although, in my defence, I enjoy cleaning over cooking and can credit to myself to accomplishing that task extremely well. But then again, now to think of it, what use are takeouts and instant noodles for? Huh??😜😝

No comments:

Post a Comment