Saturday 6 February 2016

Too much oil!

This semester is pretty busy for me... we have classes on Saturdays as well. Well apparently a lot has to be done is few less a time , so just eat up the holidays. Slog!! Slog!! Slog!!. As an individual I honestly never preferred a weekend schedule. My definition of weekend is complete relaxation and rewinding. I would sleep well, finish up pending work, blog,  read a lot, listen and record some songs, etc. but this semester, I didn't do any thing at all. Sunday is spent at Church so very less time for myself.

Today I got back from the lab by 8:00 pm. It had been pretty hectic day for me and I was just exhausted. As per Indian tradition I decided that I would oil my hair and then shampoo my hair. Now, this is done by pouring the oil in your hands and gently applying it on the scalp and massaging the hair.

What did I do??? I defined the heights of laziness, I went ahead and poured the bottle directly on my head ( the bottle has a small hole so the oil drips gently and evenly spreads out). My idea-  As the oil comes out on my head onto the scalp I would be able to massage better and finish the entire process in a few minutes. I went on pouring, never once resting the bottle on the table. To my surprise, the oil bottle (which was 90 percent full) is now down to 35 percent. Where did all of it go???? I poured it all on my head.

My mistake- I didn't realize that I would shake the entire oil off the bottle and empty it on my hair. Now my hair is all oily and I think I would require half a bottle of shampoo to remove the oil off. I was so lazy that instead of going the long way I took the short way. I do agree with the saying that the shorter route is more difficult to travel but I think you have to be proportionally smarter to be able to travel when you decide to take a shorter route.

I for one am not going to do this again and even if it takes me half an hour to oil my hair, I would rather do it gently than make my hair go through a crash course on oil nourishment!!!!...

No comments:

Post a Comment